Absolute Process to Apply Indian e-Tourist Visa Online
There has been a radical increase in the tourism sector of India over the years due to its astounding diversity. To travel to India effortlessly, you can opt for the online tourist visa for India. The Government of India has launched an e-Tourist Visa Scheme in the year 2014 that had been implemented in phases that have now progressively expanded to more than 160 countries and more than 28 designated airports in India. e-Tourist visa India has helped majorly in encouraging the growth of Tourism in India.
Foreign tourists whose sole idea is traveling, sight-seeing, casual meet with friends or family or short duration courses can apply for a tourist visa for India online.
How to Apply for Indian e-Tourist Visa:
Now, it has become quite simple to obtain an Indian tourist visa through Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Earlier, it was burdensome to apply for an Indian tourist visa as it requires a lot of paperwork and ample time, for the applicant. Nowadays, you can apply for Electronic Tourist Visa (ETV) in a few easy steps.
The first step is to arrange all your valid documents required for the Indian tourist visa application. The list of the documents is provided below:
- Scanned copy of information page of the passport displaying the photograph and details completely
- If visiting for any short term course, scanned copy of the letter from the concerned institute/ college on its letterhead
- Scanned copy of the letter from the concerned organization if traveling for short duration voluntary work
- A passport size photograph of the applicant with plain white-colored or light-colored background. The length and width of the photo must be equal.
The second step is to fill the online application form of Indian e-Visa and uploading all your documents. All the information filled in the application form must be correct in all manners and the language you use for filling up the online form and uploaded documents should be English. The format of all the documents must be PDF and the format of the digital photograph to be uploaded must be JPEG. Before going ahead, please check all the details filled by the applicant.
Lastly, the third step is to pay the India ETV visa application fees which is country or territory-specific. The fees for e-Visa India depends upon how friendly the relations of India is with the other country. Japan has applicable fees of $25 for one year as well as five years of Indian e-visa, whereas, all the other countries have to pay:
- $10 for the one-month tourist visa from April to June.
- $25 for the one-month tourist visa from July to March.
- $40 for the one-year tourist visa.
- $80 for the five years tourist visa.
Note: - 2.5% extra will be charged on applicable fees as banking charges. The fees once submitted are non-refundable either the e-Tourist visa is being granted or rejected.
More than 165 countries are eligible to apply for an online visa to travel to India. The number of these countries is increasing every passing year which is helping a lot to maintain friendly relations of India with other countries.
The validity of the Indian e-Tourist Visa differs from one category to another. The one-month e-Tourist Visa is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival to the destination port with two allowed entries. However, one year or five years e-Tourist visa is valid for a period of up to 365 days with subject to multiple entries.
Some Important Do’s and Don’ts’ while applying for an Indian e-tourist Visa are:
- If planning to apply for an e-Tourist Visa, the applicant of the eligible countries must apply at least 4 days before the expected date of arrival with a window of a period of 30 days.
- The applicant must not be an International Travel Document Holder.
- The applicants holding diplomatic passports and official passports cannot apply for the e-Visa.
The applicant may receive the approved India etv visa in a period of less than 5 days through e-mail and the approved electronic visa must be carried along with, by the foreign tourists during their travel to India.